Introduction- Hanin 😎

 Hello,


My name is Hanin and I´m an English language assistant at Nuestra Señora de la Almudena in Madrid, Spain for the 2021-22 school year. I moved here from San Diego, California, where it´s summer year-round, so experiencing the seasons change again has been a wonderful surprise. 


I´m no stranger to bilingual education, having moved around a lot during my own K-12 education, and I hope continuing to learn about Spanish culture past surface-level interactions  will allow me to understand students´needs during their language acquisition journey.


Seeing the primary school curriculum geared towards ages 6 to 12 has me amazed at what these young minds can do. Not only is English taught in English, but Natural and Social Sciences as well. I´m glad to be a part of their English immersion and am eager to see not only what I can offer, but what else I can learn in our day-to-day interactions. 


Follow along to see our work and weekly updates in My blog .

👉Grade 3

👉Grade 4


Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.

-- Flora Lewis