Lily's Introduction

 Lily's Introduction

Hello! My name is Lily, and I am currently working as an English Language Assistant at Nuestra Señora de la Almudena in Madrid, Spain. I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the North-Eastern United States. This is my first time living long-term outside of Pennsylvania, and I have absolutely loved Madrid so far! I have really appreciated the lively city, warmer weather, and the opportunities to travel around Spain and Europe.

At Ntra. Sra. de la Almudena, I work with children grades 1-6. It is so rewarding to help children of various ages and levels become more confident with their English. I help teach the children grammar and vocabulary, as well as Natural and Social Science. However, I particularly enjoy my casual, every day interactions with them. Through these conversations, I already have witnessed many children become more comfortable with conversational English these past couple months. I look forward to continue to watch the children improve and become more confident as English learners!


Follow my blog to learn more about my experience as a Language Assistant :) 

👉Grade 3 

👉Grade 4

 

"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself."- John Dewey