Welcome to Camilo's Blog 😃

Hello!

              My name is Camilo and I am a new English language assistant at Nuestra Señora de la Almudena in Madrid, Spain! I am from Queens, NY, USA and I moved to Madrid 7 weeks ago. During this time, I have been able to experience various aspects of the Spanish culture. The food is delicious, the city is charming, the weather is great, and the people are kind and friendly. I am very grateful and happy to be able to live in Madrid and enjoy the different qualities of the Spanish lifestyle. This includes working alongside great staff to assist in teaching the future of Spain, the Spanish youth! Assisting in the English classroom in several topics such as natural science, social science, etc., has allowed me to meet many intelligent, kind, and fantastic children! I really enjoy helping the children improve their English in the classes, which range from grades 1-5 (ages 6-11). The students also teach me and bring me lots of joy! I am very lucky to be in this awesome bilingual school with its great staff and students. In this blog, you can follow my journey as an English language assistant! 😁




“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
 – Nelson Mandela