Welcome to Alexa's Blog 😋


Welcome to Alexa's Blog ðŸ˜‹

Hello!

My name is Alexa and I am the new English language assistant at Nuestra Señora de la Almudena in Madrid, Spain! I am from Austin, Texas, USA and I moved to Madrid 3 months ago. I have never lived outside of Texas, so moving across the world definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and I haven't regretted it even for a second. Being immersed into the Spanish culture has given me a new perspective on life that I would've never experienced living back in the States. I have been given the opportunity to teach children in grades 1-5 (ages 6-11) and I have loved every moment of it. Before beginning to teach, I never knew how much joy these kiddos would bring me. Helping these children learn and improve their English has been rewarding to say the least. It is has truly been a pleasure to be working at a bilingual school and helping teach the children English, natural science, and social science. I feel so lucky to be working under an amazing staff with intelligent children. In this blog, I will be showing more about my role as a language assistant. 



"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

                            – Gandhi